Meet the BoardThe Bridgwater College Trust is a Multi Academy Trust sent up by the Secretary of State for Education as a company (no. 08098956) and a charity.
It is therefore subject both to company and charity law. It has a Memorandum of Understanding and Articles of Association which govern how the Trust runs. The three Members of the Company are historically the Chair of Governors, Principal/CEO and Vice Principal of the sponsor, Bridgwater and Taunton College Trust. The Trust is run by the Board of Directors of the company who are also trustees of the charity. We call our Board Directors Trustees. Our Articles provide that the Chair of a Local Governing Body of each Academy must be a Trustee and is appointed by the Board. Additionally we are required to have two Parent Governor Trustees.
We are also required to have an Accounting Officer/Executive Leader under the Academies Financial Handbook 2018. These positions are occupied by our Chief Executive, Peter Elliott. Our Chief Financial Officer is Gill Warren, again a post required under the Academies Financial Handbook.
As at September 2018 our Trustees are:
- Andy Berry, Chair (also Principal/CEO of Bridgwater and Taunton College)
- Denys Rayner (independent Trustee)
- David Hannay (independent Trustee)
- Simon Grundy (Chair of Brymore LGB)
- Carole Chevalley (Chair of Bridgwater College Academy LGB)
- Sid Gibson (Chair of West Somerset College LGB)
- Heather Strawbridge (Chair of Hamp LGB)
- Andrew Burrows (Trustee Parent Governor from Brymore Academy)
- Peter Elliott (CEO/Accounting Officer/Executive Leader)
- Claire Winson (Chair of Otterhampton Primary School LGB)
Contact the Trustees
Clerk to the Trustees - Greg Jones